Apricot Glazed Pork Tenderloin
2 Stemmlers Pork Tenderloin (trimmed with the silver skin removed)
2 tbsp Canola Oil
1⁄4 Aunt Mae’s Apricot Jam (from Stemmlers)
2 Green Onion (Sliced)
1 Clove Garlic (Roasted & Softened)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp each Salt/Pepper
Potato Leek Latke
2 Large Russet Potato (washed)
1⁄2 Cup Finely Chopped Leek
1⁄4 Cup Flour
1 tbsp each Salt/Pepper
1⁄4 Cup Melted Butter
Creamy Stilton Sauce
4 oz Crumbled Stilton (or Blue Cheese)
1⁄4 Cup 35% Cream
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Flour
1 tsp Salt
1⁄2 tsp Pepper
Serves 34 People (1⁄2 hr prep/ 20 min cook time)
1. Cut Garlic Bulb top off, drizzle with olive oil, pinch salt & pepper, loosely wrap in foil then bake at 250 for 1 hour. Garlic should be golden brown and each clove should be a bit mushy in the skin.
2. Season Pork Tenderloin, add canola to frying pan, heat it up then sear all sides on high heat. Remove, spread some softened garlic and apricot jam all over the seared pork. Place in 350F oven for 20 min.
3. While Pork is in the oven, take the leeks and saute them in 1 Tbsp Butter & 1 Tbsp Canola Oil until soft. Remove from heat. Using a box grater, shred the potatoes into a sieve. Press out all the liquid. Place shredded potato in a bowl with the leeks as well as the egg, flour and seasoning. Mix until everything is combined. If it's too sticky add some more flour until it forms and holds a pancake shape.
4. Place latke in a hot pan with melted butter & canola. Sear off both sides on medhi heat until golden brown, usually 4 min per side. Place on a baking sheet and hold in the still hot oven. Pull out the pork. On a meat thermometer, the internal temperature should read 145F when taken out. Cover with foil and let rest. Once it has sat for 10 min, you can slice it on a bias into 3⁄4 inch pieces.
5. For the sauce, melt the butter in a pan and, add the flour to make a roux (thickener). Cook for 1 min, stirring frequently. add the cream and whisk until it's smooth. Heat until it reduces by 1⁄3. add the stilton (or blue) and stir. All should become melted.
6. Place the hot Latke on a plate, lean the sliced pork tenderloin around the potato. Accompany it with some charred asparagus or wilted greens. Drizzle cream sauce over each item and serve.
For more information on Chef Scott Yates please visit : @chefscottycooks