- 1 cup Roasted Chicken Breast or Thigh from Stemmler’s (slice or shred it)
- 4 Whole Eggs (available at Stemmler’s)
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1 Shallot (thinly sliced)
- 1 Large Kale Leaf (de-rib the leaf)
- 2 oz Port
- ¼ cup Local Goats Cheese (available at Stemmler’s)
- ¼ cup Olive Tapenade
- ½ cup Tomato/Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fresh Basil (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. For mom, saute the shallots in a hot pan with melted butter and season with salt. After 1 minute, add port then kale. Stir and cook 1 more minute then set aside. Crack 4 eggs into a bowl and whisk in some salt, pepper, 2 tbsp of the tomato sauce and the flour. Let rest for a couple minutes. Add butter in a hot pan then ladle enough egg just to let it spread like a thick crepe. Cook until it loosens off the pan to flip. Repeat 3 more times or until you use up all the egg mixture. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Assemble the Napoleons by spreading some of the tapenade on the first layer of egg. Along with some chicken and goats cheese. On the second layer, add shallots and kale. On the third layer, do the same as the first one. Top it with the last egg and drizzle some hot sauce over it. Garnish with goats cheese & basil leaves. Serve warm.