Stemmler’s Prime Rib Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
FOR THE SEASONING RUB
¼ Cup Steak Spice
¼ Cup Roasted Red Pepper Seasoning
⅛ Cup Italiano Dry Seasoning
⅛ Cup Salt
1 Tsp Pepper
FOR THE CHIMICHURRI
** Please make sure all the FRESH herbs are cleaned of dirt and dried off**
1 Cup Flat leaf Parsley
⅛ Cup Thyme
⅛ Cup Oregano
⅛ Cup Chopped Chives
⅛ Cup Cilantro
2 Cloves garlic Chopped
2 oz Stemmler’s Smokin Good Sauce
½ Cup Olive Oil
1. Start your BBQ, close the lid and let it get to about 400F. Pull out your Stemmler’s Bone In Prime Rib Steaks from the fridge and let sit out on the counter for approx 1 hour. While that is happening, mix all the spices together in a bowl. Once that is done, rub the mixture entirely onto both sides of the steaks. Let them now sit for the remaining time.
2. Add the garlic to a food processor along with all the fresh herbs. While the motor is spinning drizzle in the Olive Oil slowly to make a paste or puree. Then you can add the Stemmler’s Smokin Good Sauce to this mixture.
3. When you are ready to put the steaks on the BBQ, turn off one half of it. Take the spice rubbed steaks and place them on the side that is still on. You want to sear each side for 2-3 minutes. Once this is done, take the steaks off again, close the lid and rub half of the Chimichurri mixture entirely over each steak. Then open the BBQ and place them on the side of the BBQ that's turned off. Close the lid again to maintain the temperature. This indirect heat allows the mixture to not burn by the flame but still cook internally to your desired doneness.
4. Medium Rare steaks should take 12 – 15 minutes depending on the BBQ. If you have a probe thermometer it should read 130F. Pull them off the grill and cover slightly with foil to let it rest for 5-7 minutes. Bowl up the rest of the Chimichurri sauce and use it to spread on the steak if you want more.
5. Make sure all your accompaniments are also ready, whether it's salad, vegetables or a starch. I personally like grilled asparagus and baked potatoes. You are now ready to enjoy these amazing steaks with a cold beer or nice glass of wine!