Start with : (Triple “A” Well Aged Rib Eye Prime Rib Steak)
1. Let the steaks sit on the kitchen counter for at least 1 hour to come to room temperature (important for even cooking).
2.Brush steaks with olive oil (olive oil has a higher cooking temperature).
3. Sear 4 minutes on either side on very high heat on BBQ turning ¼ turn after each 2 minutes for nice grill marks.
4. Then pull them off the high heat to cooler indirect heat to other side of grill (leave hot side high heat continuously for this method approx. 400 – 475 deg).
5. Cook an additional 45 to 60 minutes with lid down continuing to brush with Olive Oil and turning every 10 minutes.
6. Grill to medium-rare at 145F. Grill to medium at 155F. Grill to medium-well at 165F.
7.After the temperature is reached, wrap in foil and let it rest for 10 minutes so steak retains juices.
8. To serve, top with tablespoon of regular, seasoned butter or crumbled Blue Cheese. You can add other seasonings to taste when you put it on the cooler side or at the end of the cooking process and then add a spring of thyme to garnish if you like for presentation.
Coffee, Maple Syrup RUB/PASTE ( Also great on Pork, Chicken and Fish )
1⁄4 cup of your favorite coffee/expresso beans
2 tbsp local maple syrup
1 tsp regular yellow mustard (try Dijon for some spice)
1 tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped fine)
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
1 tsp seasoning (salt/pepper/thyme/steak spice)
1 lemon zested
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (try playing with a flavored olive oil)